Wednesday 13 January 2010

What a girl's gotta do


There comes a time when you have to accept the inevitable. I started knitting about a year ago, and it has since become a major passion addiction. I have started designing my own items and adapting existing designs. I rather enjoy this and would like to start distributing my designs and seeing if anyone else likes them too. Also, given my memory, I would like somewhere where I feel obliged to update and post the details of my projects so that I don't forget them.

The reason this blog is called FearlessKnits is that I will attempt anything, no matter how hard it says it is. I also have yet to place a lifeline and will almost invariably deviate from the pattern. Whether this is bravery or an advanced form of stupidity I leave to the reader, but it's worked out pretty well so far.

Yesterday I started a pair of mittens. Over the weekend I whipped up a blanket for my prematurely born baby cousin. I'm currently working on a jumper I designed, a cardigan / wrap adapted from a free design on Ravelry. I have a sock and hat design which will need writing up at some point. I really should write these all down before I forget them.

So, here goes:

Hello, I'm Mary Hallam and I'm a knitwear addict designer. I have started this blog as a place to write out and publicise, and perhaps eventually sell, my designs. I hope you enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment